Congratulations! This is a milestone moment… and it’s time to learn to drive.
We take pride in our highly qualified instructors who are professional certified teachers, principals and coaches from Katy ISD and Spring Branch ISD. Our instructional team has over 175 years of combined experience. Our specialty is teaching young drivers the skills, rules and protocols necessary to become successful, safe and confident drivers.
Many high schools are just minutes away from Coach L’s Driving School. Students from Seven Lakes High often walk to our facility.
- Teen Driver’s Ed
- College Driver’s Ed (18 – 25 by appointment only)
- Adult Driver’s Ed
- Hardship license Driver’s Ed
- Sibling discounts
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) regulates Texas driving schools and sets minimum curriculum requirements. They license schools and instructors. Coach L’s Driving School offers an excellent driver education program for teenagers that surpasses the curriculum requirements of the Texas Education Agency. Students receive lessons from the same instructor throughout their driver’s education course. Every student receives instruction on the road and in the classroom.
What to Expect
Texas Teen Driver’s Education in Katy, TX
Completion of a Texas Drivers Ed course is required prior to obtaining your learner’s permit. After fulfilling your learner’s permit requirements, you can apply to receive your Driver’s License.
There are different requirements for Driver’s Ed depending on your age, as follows:
Under 18 Years Old
If you are under 18 years old, your Driver’s Ed course must include at least 32 hours of classroom instruction, plus 14 hours of behind-the-wheel training. This includes 7 hours of in-car observation and 7 hours of driving.
18 to 24 Years Old (by appointment only)
If you are 18 to 24 years old, your Driver’s Ed course must include 6 hours of classroom instruction. We also accommodate college and work schedules.
After Graduating from Coach L’s Driving School
All first time applicants for a Texas driver’s license should prepare for the following after completing driver’s ed:
- Apply in person at a Texas driver license office / DPS.
- Present documents to verify your identity and U.S. citizenship (or your lawful presence). The information on each document must match. **Additional documentation may be required to verify incomplete names, date of birth or other conflicting information.
- Present proof of your Social Security Number or complete a Social Security Affidavit form available at the driver license office.
- Present proof of Texas vehicle registration, liability insurance and current inspection paperwork on all vehicles you own (or will be driving).
- Complete the application for driver license or identification card (PDF). The form is also available at the driver’s license office and can be handwritten.
- You will be photographed and fingerprinted.
- You will provide your signature at the time of application.
- Provide proof of completion of your driver’s education course.
- Pass the written driving, and vision examinations. **Written exams are excluded if you are 18-24 and have completed adult driver’s ed.
- Normally, you can pay the required fee with a credit card, cash, money order, or a non-temporary check. **You might want to check with your driver’s license office first to verify the types of payment accepted.
- Provide a vehicle for the driving exam. You must have current insurance, registration and inspection documents available for the vehicle you will be driving during the test.
Coach L’s Driving School appreciates your trust and confidence. We care about our students and endeavor to instruct, uplift and encourage them as they become safe and responsible drivers. Call today for pricing and specials.